SOUND SPELLING CARDS BULLETIN BOARD
Knowledge of letter-sound relationships is the basic building block of literacy learning. With this set of Sound-spelling Cards you will be equipped to effectively teach sound-spellings (phonics), word structure, and conventional spelling.
These Sound-spelling Cards provide a framework for understanding how words are constructed in the English language. Each card connects sounds to a related picture and then attaches spelling(s) to the sound and includes:
• Upper and lowercase letters (alphabet cards only)
• A colorful photograph that illustrates the target sound. The word of the picture is included in small type for reference.
• Graphemes—the speaker icon indicates the graphemes section of the card which shows the different ways the sound is spelled
While this is targeted for Gr. K-3, it is perfect for older children and adults. Also great for ELL and ESL!
This phonics bulletin board set includes:
• 45 sound spelling cards (each 6 x 8 3/4" ) with targeted sounds: alphabet letters, vowels (short vowels, long vowels, r-controlled vowels, vowel digraphs, diphthongs), and consonant digraphs
• a title and category header cards for display
• explanation of sound-spelling cards