Skill Sharpeners Grammar and Punctuation, Grade 4EMC9954
Help children improve their writing while learning important grammar and punctuation rules. These colorful activity books make language skill practice fun!
Skill Sharpeners: Grammar and Punctuation provides visually engaging reading selections, activities, and word games that will motivate your child to practice and learn essential grammar and punctuation skills. Plus, a Language Handbook provides you with a quick reference of the concepts covered.
The activity book is organized into 15 theme-based units around topics that fourth graders enjoy, such as sports, outer space, and ships. Each unit focuses on a grammar concept and punctuation concept, and includes:
• A reading selection – A short fiction or nonfiction text engages children and presents the concept or skill in context.
• Rule boxes – Grammar and punctuation rules are made simple with a short explanation and clear examples help to teach the skill.
• Colorful practice activities – A variety of activities include fun illustrations to motivate your child to practice the grammar and punctuation skills.
• Riddles and word games – Your child will use critical thinking skills while applying the targeted grammar or punctuation skill in a fun format!
• Writing practice – The “Write It Right!” page encourages your child to use the skills in context, which further promotes understanding.
• Review page – The short review activity is a great way to check your child’s understanding.
The grammar concepts for grade 4 include:
• Singular and plural nouns
• Adjectives and adverbs
• Singular pronouns
• Verb tenses
• Subject-verb agreement
• Sentence fragments
• Subordinating conjunctions
Punctuation concepts for grade 4 include:
• End punctuation
• Use of commas
• Use of quotation marks
Skill Sharpeners: Grammar and Punctuation engages your child in learning important grammar and punctuation rules. It’s ideal for enrichment at home and in the classroom, for homeschooling, and for English language learning.